Remember National Congressional Call-In Day TODAY – Monday, December 4th
Members of Congress return to Washington, DC, today, Monday, December 4, to discuss their legislative priorities for the new session. Let’s greet them with a flood of phone calls, because many still don’t understand that the troops need to come home from Iraq — NOW! Even Harry Reid, the Senate Democratic leader, has said “We’re not going to do anything to limit funding or cut off funds.”
We can’t let the new Democratic leadership sit back on their hands and refuse to take responsibility for the Iraq war. YOU can help us send this message to Congress. Here’s what to do:
– Call the Congressional Swithboard at 202.224.3121 and ask for the office of your Representative or Senators.
– Ask to talk to the foreign policy advisor. If he or she is not there, ask to leave a voicemail.
– Once you have them on the phone, use these talking points:
1. This election was about the Iraq war, and we want a change!
2. I insist that Congress act immediately to bring all U.S. troops home from Iraq NOW! This includes limiting funding ONLY to withdrawal.
3. The US needs to pursue regional diplomacy for Iraq’s future. It is the only way that the Middle East can find a way out of the chaos the US has created.
4. Congress has the power to end the U.S. occupation in Iraq and if it fails to do so, we will hold them responsible for the continued violence in Iraq.
Please make 3 phone calls: to your Representative and to each of your Senators. Call the Capitol Switchboard TODAY at 202.224.3121 and help us ensure that a withdrawal from Iraq will be a top priority!
PS. Don’t forget to email us at Action@VotersForPeace.org to let us know who you speak to and if you get a response.